Murals on the walls of many Jamestown businesses tell the story of Jamestown’s early days. See Ayr St as it was in 1876, an image of the town’s first motor car, and the butcher shop which has been in the longest continuous use in Australia.
Ian Walker painted the mural on the eastern wall of Glasgow House to mark the town’s centenary in 1971 and re-painted it in 2013.
The other murals were originally painted in the early 1990s, by former Jamestown art teacher John Whitney with the help of local school students. They have been given a fresh lick of paint in recent years by local sign-writers.